Free rides to medical appointments for our members
We know how important it is to be able to get to and from your medical appointments. Taking the bus, paying for a taxi or trying to find someone to drive you to your doctor’s office isn’t always easy. That’s why Louisiana Healthcare Connections members have access to free transportation to doctor’s visits – even urgent care.
For our members, making a transportation appointment is easy!
As a Louisiana Healthcare Connections member, all you’ll have to do to is schedule your ride by phone or online at least 48 hours before your doctor’s visit. If you’ve never scheduled a ride with us before, you’ll need to call for your first ride.
When you schedule your ride, you’ll need to provide some basic information:
- Member ID number
- Date and time of your appointment
- The address of your appointment
Some important things to know:
- Is your appointment with a specialist doctor who is more than 60 miles away? We can help get you there – just call us for prior approval.
- Do you need to get to an Urgent Care? If you need Urgent Care, you can schedule a ride any time, seven days a week, 24-hours a day.
- Do you need to bring a child or caregiver with you to your medical appointment? Don’t worry – You may bring one additional passenger on your ride.
Want to learn more about this benefit? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions on our website.