Follow These Helpful Steps
1. Gather your information:
- Social Security Number.
- Job information—your employer and income amount.
- Policy numbers for any other health insurance you may have.
Don’t worry. If you do not have answers to all of the questions being asked or do not have all of the information being requested, you can provide them later. Medicaid will notify you of next steps within 1-2 weeks after you submit your application.
2. Apply for Medicaid:
- Apply for Medicaid online
- Apply for Medicaid by phone (Tap to call on your phone)
- Call or visit a Medicaid application center
Tip: Create your personal account. If you apply online, you have the option to create an account that will let you:
- Save your application and finish it later
- Check the status of your application
- Renew your Medicaid online
- Request a new Medicaid card
3. Decide which health plan to join:
Save time. In the last step of the application, you have the option to choose your health plan. If you choose your health plan now—and you qualify for Medicaid—you will be enrolled in your plan of choice. Healthy Louisiana has six health plans. They all cover the same essential benefits, but each one has different networks of doctors, dentists, and other providers. There are also different extra benefits for adult dental services and reward programs. To compare plans, go to myplan.healthy.la.gov/en/compare-plans. We hope you choose Louisiana Healthcare Connections.