Apply for Medicaid in Three Steps
1. Gather your information:
- Your Social Security Number.
- Job information—your employer and income amount.
- Policy numbers for any other health insurance you may have.
Don’t worry. If you do not have answers to all the questions or all the information being requested, you can provide them later. Medicaid will notify you of next steps within 1-2 weeks after you submit your application.
2. Apply for Medicaid:
- Apply for Medicaid online
- Apply by phone (Tap to call on your phone)
- Call or visit a Medicaid application center
Helpful Tip: If you apply online, you have the option to create an account. This will let you:
- Save your application and finish it later
- Check the status of your application
- Renew your Medicaid online
- Request a new Medicaid card
3. Decide which health plan to join:
In the last step of the application, you will choose your health plan. There are five health plans. They all cover the same essential benefits, but each one has different networks of doctors, dentists, and other providers. There are also different extra benefits for adult dental services and reward programs. To compare plans, go to www.healthy.la.gov.
Louisiana Healthcare Connections is #1 in member satisfaction and has the largest Medicaid provider network. We hope you choose us!