Renew Medicaid Coverage
Medicaid enrollees must renew their coverage every year. When it’s time for you to renew your Medicaid, you’ll get a letter in the mail from the Louisiana Department of Health. It will include a paper renewal form pre-filled with your information.
- First, check that the information is correct. If you need to make changes, just write them in the spaces provided.
- Update your household and jobs. You can add additional people in your household or list another job.
- Sign the form and return it. Even if all the information on your pre-filled form is correct, you still need to sign and return it to renew your Medicaid.
Don’t Miss the Deadline
If you are a Louisiana Healthcare Connections member, you’re already connected to the care you need, so don’t risk losing it! You must complete your renewal process by the due date on your letter. If you miss the deadline, your coverage will end.
There are four ways to renew your coverage:
- Renew online: MyMedicaid.la.gov
- Renew by phone: Louisiana Medicaid Hotline 1-888-342-6207, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Renew by mail: Medicaid Application Office, P.O. Box 91278, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9893
- Renew in person: Contact your Medicaid regional office for assistance.
Tip: Keep Your Mailing Address Up-to-Date
Be sure your mailing address is current so you’ll get your letter when it’s time to renew!