Are You Eligible for Medicaid?
Medicaid is quality, no-cost health insurance for low-income pregnant women, children and adults who qualify.
What does Medicaid cover?
Medicaid provides core health benefits to its members. This includes services like:
- All necessary medical coverage for children under 21
- Doctor and inpatient hospital services
- Prescription drugs
- Other medical services you may need
How do I know if I qualify for Medicaid?
You may qualify for Medicaid if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are younger than 19
- Have low income and are a parent of a child/children younger than 19
- Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Get financial help from the Department of Children and Family Services
- Are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition
- Have corrected vision no better than 20/200
- Have no insurance and need treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer
Am I eligible through Medicaid Expansion?
When Medicaid expanded in Louisiana in 2016, more citizens became eligible for no-cost, high-quality healthcare. You may be eligible through Medicaid Expansion if you:
- Are age 19 – 64
- Have a household income less than 138 percent of the federal poverty level
- Don’t already qualify for Medicaid or Medicare
- Meet citizenship requirements
How do I apply?
You can apply for Medicaid or LaCHIP by visiting the Louisiana Medicaid Online Application Center or by calling 1-888-342-6207. You will need your Social Security Number and other information in order to apply.