Resources for Louisiana’s Families
Recognizing that healthy families need more than just quality health insurance, Louisiana Healthcare Connections built a Community Resources Directory to help you find the resources and support you need. The directory is free for anyone to use. It is online and can be accessed from mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
The directory can help connect you to the following services and programs in your area:
- Child care assistance
- Food assistance (food banks, meal delivery and hot meals)
- Housing (shelters, home repairs, rent and mortgage help)
- Utility assistance
- Health services (pregnancy support, family planning, mental health, HIV/AIDS services)
- Job training/placement services
- Legal aid
- Domestic violence/abuse support services
- Disability services
- Eldercare and senior services
- And more!
Here’s how to use the Community Resources Directory:
- Click here to go to the directory.
- Enter your address, city, parish, or zip code to find services in your area.
- Select the services you need. You can select all that apply.
- Want to be more specific in your search? You can enter keywords that will help narrow down the results.
- Click “Submit Your Search.” The search will return a list of resources, programs and services in your area. The list will include the contact information for the services you need.
Remember: Medicaid helps more than a million Louisiana residents get health insurance and take care of their health. This includes people who don’t get insurance from their jobs, pregnant women, and people with children. You can learn more about applying for Medicaid at the links below:
- Are You Eligible For Medicaid?
- Need Help Applying for Medicaid?
- How Do I Choose The Best Medicaid Health Plan For Me?
- Citizenship & Medicaid: What You Need To Know
- I Applied For Medicaid – Now What?