3 Facts About Medicaid
Healthy Louisiana is the state’s Medicaid program. It provides quality, no-cost health insurance for eligible individuals and families in Louisiana. Here are some helpful facts about Healthy Louisiana:
- It’s not just for pregnant women. You don’t have to be pregnant to be eligible for Medicaid. You may qualify for Medicaid if:
- You are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition
- You are the low income parent(s) of children under the age of 19
- You are a child under the age of 19
- You are in need of treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer
- Legal residents and families that include immigrants can apply for Medicaid. You must be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien if you are applying for yourself.
- You can have a job and still be eligible for Medicaid. With Medicaid Expansion, many adults who work have been covered by Medicaid. Learn more about the income guidelines.
Are you ready to apply for Medicaid?
If you are ready to apply for Medicaid for you and your family, these resources may be helpful to you:
- Find A Program For You/Your Family: Medicaid offers several programs that provide many healthcare coverage services to children and families in Louisiana. This tool will help you find the right program for your needs.
- Need Help Applying For Medicaid?: Find out how to apply and what documents you’ll need.
- How Do I Choose The Best Medicaid Health Plan For Me?: Learn more about how to choose the Medicaid health plan that’s right for you and your family.